Sunday, June 13, 2010

HaPpY BiRtHdAy MOM!
















The kids and I were fortunate enough to go to Boise, Idaho this year for my sweet momma's birthday. It was so nice to get out of town for a while and spend time with her...since she lives so far away we don't get to spend as much time as we'd like with her. We flew into Boise and rented a car for the weekend and stayed at a hotel with a swimming pool, so the kids enjoyed that. We hung out at mom's and then took her to Outback Steakhouse for her birthday dinner. She doesn't go out to eat often, so this was a real treat for her. We then opened presents, we got her a set of pearl earrings, some Bath and Body works, and a book about "Moms" that I highlighted all the sayings that reminded me of her. (She cried with that one, which was the response I was hoping for.) ;) We went and saw the movie, "Oceans", it's a documentary about oceans, obviously. It was gorgeously filmed! We then just hung out the rest of the weekend, going through old pictures and enjoying each others company. I'm so grateful for my mom, she's had a hard life...but I've always known how much she loves me and works so hard for me. I love her so much and was so happy that we were able to go see her for her "Special Day"!

No comments:

Post a Comment