Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter!
















So this weekend was Easter/Conference Weekend. I love conference! Sadly, I can't always say that I have loved it. When the kids were little, it was always so difficult to get them excited about watching people just talk for 2 hours at a time. Luckily now, we have the internet with great sites like http://www.theideadoor.com/ to download conference packets to help keep them entertained. I also do a quiz with the kids at the end of conference where they get a piece of candy if they answer the question correctly. At the end of the weekend, whoever answered the most questions right get to go on a date with Todd and me. You wouldn't think at their ages that this would be that big of a deal, but gratefully it is. We also enjoy a big breakfast of cinnamon rolls on Saturday mornings session and Potato Bacon Breakfast pizza on Sundays session. (Yup, I know the way to their hearts--food!) It was also Easter this weekend and for some reason it always feels like a sacrilege to me that we don't get dressed up and physically go to church (this must come from my pentecostal days). I am so grateful for the atonement in my life and for the sacrifice that Jesus made. I used to think that the atonement was just to wash away my sins, but it is so much more than that--he suffered EVERYTHING that I have suffered--physical and emotional. That is so overwhelming to me that HE did that. On Easter we always have a big ham and "Yummy Potatoes" dinner. Todd and I were able to enjoy watching the kids hunt for their Easter eggs and go through their Easter baskets. We always get the kids a new movie to put in their baskets. Kenz got "Alice in Wonderland", Austin got "Sherlock Holmes" and Cam got "Blide Side". I love that they still love being surprised with the holidays. When I think of how many holidays we have left before kids starting getting married and going on missions it makes me so sad. Even though I am happy for them and for their futures, I really think it's a mean joke to entrust us with our kids only to send them on their way. I don't like it much! Anyways, we hope you all had a wonderful Easter and enjoyed your weekend with those that you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment