Saturday, March 5, 2011

Austin--My sweet 16 year old boy!






My sweet Austin Shane has turned 16! I truly can't believe it! When the kids were little, I used to think that they will never "grow" up and that they will always be my little sweet babies. I am now the mom of a 21, 16 and 14 year old and I honestly can't believe it. I long for the days when Austin used to wear his cowboy boots (just like Papa's) all day long, even with his jammies on. I used to have to sneak them off after he'd fall asleep and he would be so mad in the morning that they were off. Austin is now a young man and knows where he wants to go in his life. (I'm a little jealous of that, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...other than his momma...) The other day, I received a call from a sister in our ward that wanted to tell me how wonderful Austin is. She told me that she was at church alone with 4 kids, a toddler on one leg, a baby in one arm and trying to collect her several bags for church, when Austin came up to her and told her he would love to help her out to her car. He grabbed the bags and the little boys hand and helped her out. I was so proud of him for being such a caring young man! Austin is a great kid, I am so blessed to call him son.

No comments:

Post a Comment